what is the difference to this one ? is this for nes project than other one is for Snes project right?
Retro Pixel Cave
A downloadable asset pack
This asset and many more are included at the $10 tier on my Patreon!
Welcome to Retro Pixel Cave, the first tileset in my Retro Pixel series! This tileset is a retro de-make of my Super Pixel Cave tileset.
This tileset would be a perfect fit in any retro-styled platformer, metroidvania, or roguelike. Modular terrain pieces give you the freedom to create many different level layouts, including slopes for both ceiling and floor. Floating platforms can be created by attaching terrain pieces to midground rock formations, making your levels look realistic while adding a new dimension to gameplay. Triple-layered backgrounds are designed especially with parallax in mind, and loop both horizontally and vertically. This tileset comes with a whopping SIX color themes, including the Dawnbringer 32 palette, the Pico-8 palette, and the NES palette! Check out the screenshots on the side for some previews!
- Layered PSD containing the example image
- PNGs of pre-assembled objects/tiles (terrain, midground rock formations, background caverns, etc.)
- Spritesheets for each tileset style with your pick of 2 metadata formats (PNG, JSON/TXT)
- Pyxel Edit file containing the original tileset theme and example image
- Six beautiful wallpapers to adorn your desktop
- Total PNGs: 38 (per color theme)
- Tile size: 8x8 terrain, 4x4 midground
- Color count: 16 (main color theme)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yes, compared to Super Pixel Cave this tileset is more suited for projects with much lower resolutions.
I actually made a game that uses this tileset for Low Rez Jam, feel free to check it out! https://untiedgames.itch.io/demons-hymn-2
Here's a GIF of it in action. (Using Retro Pixel Cave DB32 color theme)